Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Things I Know vs. Things I Don't

Things I Know: 
  • I know how to design a network. 
During the course work, I’ve learned how to utilize software to design a complete network infrastructure, tailored to meet any organization’s needs.  
  • I know how to implemephpnt and manage a network. 
After the design phase, I’m able to put together an equipment list and an estimated cost for installation that meets any organization’s needs 
  • I know how to provide software solutions that solve almost any problem. 
I’ve been successful selling stack software and other solutions to existing organization’s infrastructure. 
  • I know how to market and sell. 
Sales is second hand to me. I feel comfortable pitching good products/services to ANY decision maker during the close. 
  • I know how to secure a network. 
The course work and online tutorials have helped me out tremendously. I’m fortunate to have good instructors available to answer questions. 
  • I know how to function as a team lead. 
I've been offered promotions at sales offices more than once and have been responsible for administering my team members. 
  • I know flash and graphic design 
There is powerful software that I am proficient in on the market that can manipulate graphics. 
  • I know CAD software 
There are a few CAD design software programs like Fusion360 that I am proficient with.  
  • I know how to troubleshoot and fix almost anything.  
I can pinpoint faults, and even find out how to repair/replace almost any device at the best rate.   
  • I know how to obtain any certification needed to prove it 
This field requires valid certs. I’ve built a database of proctor sites and other useful links to get certified. I may even publish it on a website... 

Things I Don’t Know: 

  • Java 
I know how to use other people’s open source scripts whenever needed for API and web pages, but I learned how to write Java and am currently learning how to config things like database, security, encryption, networking etc.. off the top of my head, however, am versed enough to compile barely efficiently enough, on both ends.  
  • Python 
I will eventually need to learn some Python and It’s disappointing because I should know how to write a little Python at this point in life, but I don’t. 
  • PHP Script Logic 
I can work with some short-tags and some switches in PHP for database retrieval for HTML/Java but I cannot source code it, either. I will eventually need to learn a lot more PHP.  
  • HTML5/CSS 
I can READ HTML/CSS, and work with tags, divisions and containers, however, I am not able to manually source code too much HTML without assistance from other applications like SublimeText 
  • SWIFT IOS API 
Used for Apple API programming language. IOS apps are super popular, powerful and in demand.  
  • RUBY on Rails 
Used for developing web applications. Very widely used, easy language to learn, but I've never tried to learn RUBY without someone else’s templates. 
  • Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning  
While working with deep learning applications isn’t much of a feat, I would like to know how teaming/pooling resources for machine learning can be beneficial to product design. 
  • High-Level Language Computer Architecture 
Today’s robotics and smart devices are already an enormous trend. I feel comfortable working with C+ and single boards, but I don’t know much about specific APX or processor codecs for chips or other cards with on board memory, yet.  
  • GigaBeam WiFibre 
Wireless technology is expanding into exotic materials that operate at much higher frequencies. Today’s devices have NIC cards able to reach over 300gbps, enticing organizations to implement a new Fibre technology that isn’t even taught in any trade schools yet.  
  • Oracle Solaris 
I know it’s discontinued, but many people still use Solaris for their organization and I only have under 10 hours on any Solaris server/Workstation. I’m going to run find one to mount in VirtualBox soon.  

While I’m not a developer or engineer, I still need to know how to at least read the script when troubleshooting or modifying applications.  I also do not know everything about Network Security Appliances, Encryption methods and other quirks from the Internet of things, I feel as if I will have a much better grasp of device specs before the end of this course.

No comments: