Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Psycological Personality

  While recognizing my interpersonal relationships, I can understand how psychology could help me with friends and family matters. There are many general terms and categories relating to psychology that many people can understand well enough and adhere to. After reading a few chapters of Freud's book, I have found psychology to be very beneficial to people’s close relationships with others. When two or more people utilize psychological terms to describe behavior, it helps them understand each other more intimately. Most people can relate to another person if they are aware of their behavioral tendencies as it translates through psychology. There are also several broad categories that emotional dilemmas could be classified as confusing people sometimes into misdiagnosing cause and effects. Sometimes a person could find themselves living with an emotional complexity that was overlooked or superimposed on top of the real problem from some shabby psychologist who was too busy to listen to the patient’s concerns. It turns out that is diagnosing someone with a psychological disorder can ruin a person’s self-awareness and social abilities. I have been reading many cases where a patient had been mistakenly prescribed psychiatric drugs from psychiatrists and ruin their entire career. While psychiatrists regularly prescribe medications, psychologists formerly diagnose mental patients with describable diseases at the onset of treatment. It would require a vigilant psych doctor to notice the underlying cause of someone’s emotional shortcomings.  Most people with mental imbalances aren’t comfortable openly explaining their personality quirks.  

   While I try to make sense of the fields many terms and labels, I realize how deep someone’s mental state can be rooted in their actions, and it’s startling. Understanding the harmony of a person’s emotions as their behavior exhibits makes a person more deeply aware of their personal traits. If two people could share and practice these abilities, many disagreements could not only be avoided but quickly understood and responded to on a personal level between them. I clearly see how psychological techniques could be used to smooth over rocky relationships in my inner circle, though. I would like to make other people aware of some of the things I’ve read from the chapters in case they might not only learn something about behavior but also exercise some techniques along with me.  

  This is a subject I’ve never paid much attention to but now I am kind of pleased with the fabric of the course work. I think people like me would make a great psychologist to be quite honest.  

No comments: